Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kyle2005

Classes - Extend

Hi all,

I am new to the class business and would like to find out how I will be able to do the following.

Let’s say my class structure looks as follows.

account.php

account/make.php
account/del.php
account/edit.php
account/login.php
account/logout.php

And I have a main class called account { }

And each time I need to make a new account I just use the acc_make extend account

But how does that work.

Any one with time that might have a site that explains this or any help would be nice.

Thanks

I haven't dealt with extending, so you might just have to ignore my answer (and maybe explain your class a little better)... but why wouldn't you just create a new instance of the class for a new account?

That is one way of doing it,

But I am sort off trying to do what the pear packages are doing, with the extend.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]But I am sort off trying to do what the pear packages are doing, with the extend.[/quote]
Why?

I meen really... If you dont understand OOP concepts, then just trying to do something without understanding the why wont help.

Id'e recommend googling for the book [i]thinking in java[/i]. It is a great resource for learning OOP concepts, and java's syntax really isn't too far removed from php's.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.