[SOLVED] undefined mysql_connect function (PHP523-IIS5-MYSQL5)

marz

I have a working IIS/PHP/Mysql on my desktop PC. I am currently for a 6weeks holiday in Finland and trying to install everything on my laptop to work with my php/mysql website related to this nature work-holiday. I got everything running (PHP pages showing well on the browser and mysql database loaded on mysql query browser) but I cannot get php-mysql to work becasue i get an "udefined mysql function" when I have the command mysql_connect in the php script.

Running phpinfo I noticed that I do not have mysql in the additional modules section. This is my 3 rd spoiled day trying to solve the problem and now I gave up. I have copied libmysql.dll everywhere (php dir, php/ext, windows/, windows/system32, windows/ext, inetsrv/ ) I tried several paths in dir_extensions of php.ini and unchecked the mysql and mysqli extensions.

PHP simply does not want to reckognize my MYSQL plug-in or whatever is called. I have PHP 5.23 and Mysql 5.0. I copied the working php.ini (PHP521) of the desktop onto the php.ini on my laptop to be sure that the settings are good (since coming from a working installation)

Please I really need help because I have to create a database-driven website about the wild plants in Finland.

I assume that Mysql 5 and php 5 is installed well and it is something with IIS or php.ini

Thank you

I have made "ON" display startup errors in php.ini and when I restarted I got 5 blank error messages. This was a small window stating just "Error" and OK. I clicked OK and another one came for 5 times. Then the same fatal error: undefined mysql function

I dont know where to bang my head!

Some questions:

1) Should I unremark mysql and mysqli in php.ini or mysql only?

2) I have taken libmysql.dll from the bin directory of the mySQL server )after being succesfully installed). Should I copy other files?

3) I am not sure about the path syntax in extension_dir = "". For location a C:/Program Files/PHP/Ext should I write "C:/Program Files/PHP/Ext" or  "C:/Program Files/PHP/Ext/" or "C:\Program Files\PHP\Ext" or "./C:/Program Files/PHP/Ext" ??

4) If mysql lib is installed well, should it appear in module extensions in php info?

Please I really need help. It raining for these 2 days and need to solve this out else my holiday is practically ruined  :( 

D A M N !!!!  I solved it at last. I needed to copy another dll file : php_mysql.dll in the php prog dir. I am very surprised that nobody gave it a mention in this forum and few others. I got thereply when I was browsing for mysql php connector download in mysql website, and this was mentioned in the corresponding documentation.

I also removed the " " in the filename of extension dir  but I wonder if this had anything to do with the solution (extensions_dir = C:/Program files/PHP/Ext

I wonder why on earth PHP is not supporting MySQL anymore - most of us use php without mysql ???  ??? 

Thanks fenway  - I read that article but nothing mentioned about php_mysql.dll  :-[

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.