in progress forum, critique please

evillair

I started a little forum project trying to learn php and this is what I have so far.

It's not live, this is a test site right now.

I'd like to get some critiques on the design. Although pretty standard for forums.

http://www.sentry.dreamhosters.com/

You can switch to different style with the colored cubes on the right of the main menu.

Thanks in advance.

Looks pretty live to me. Is this something you coded and designed, or is it a CMS you found on the internet? It looks a lot like VBulletin to me; is that intentional? It looks nice and works well, with no glaring problems. It's very generic, but it still looks nice and tests well. The only real problem that I can see is the overuse of tables on the front page.

Thanks

It's something I designed and coded myself.

I took some of the design elements from vbulletin since I really liked those and couldn't think of a better way to do them  :P

I'll be working on the tables soon, If you have the Web Developer plugin for firefox you'll see some are tables and some aren't. I haven't converted them all to divs yet.

Thanks for looking.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.