HTML action buttons

jzdexta

Hi,

I'm trying to make an internet based application where i create my own buttons and not use the default button constructs. I'm using forms but dont like their buttons hence the desire to change them, i want the buttons to take up the post functions on the form. HOw do i do this?

Please help.

Thank you in advance

Is it the looks of the button you wish to change? You can use CSS for that.

The below would make a PHP Freaks logo button:

<style type='text/css'>
.custom_button {
background: url(http://www.phpfreaks.com/images/logo_main.jpg);
height: 94px;
width: 510px;
border: 0;
}
</style>

<input type='button' class='custom_button' value='Click Me!' />

thanks all so far, now have the image as my button.

Got a new problem:

when i click the "submit" button instead of posting the form content its downloading the receiving form which is in php code, bear in mind that apache server is running.

What could be the problem?

thanx in advance

when i click the "submit" button instead of posting the form content its downloading the receiving form which is in php code, bear in mind that apache server is running.

What could be the problem?

Without seeing your form processing script we have to rely on a crystal ball to tell you what the problem is.

What it might be is that you're checking for $_POST['submitbutton_name'] when you should be checking for $_POST['submitbutton_name_x'] since image submits act the same way as image maps - they return the x and y coordinates of the clicked point relative to the upper left corner of the image.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.