image enhancement

whirlpool6

im not really into that FBI/CSI thing where something not there appears after zooming images... but what im interested in is on the zoom out. when i zoom out the image, noise appears. i want that when i zoom out images at suitable percentages, they are still clear and is readable (quality loss is minimized).

Well you got to first know what format to use. Sometimes png is good and sometimes you must use jpeg. As a rule of thumb, anything that is a "Picture," with lots of colors use jpeg, otherwise stick with png.

A great photo editing software is corel paintshop XI its not as good as photoshop but simple and will get the same things done, but in a much cheaper price!!!

you get the noise because your are trying to make a 200px wide image 100px wide. just create a new image that is 100px wide.

rendering a web page does not use the same 'magic' that you have in MS word where the image is resized and still maintains a crispness.  The web wes designed to pass info all over the shop and to that end jpg's were developed to do this for images - the file saize had to be small as everyone was on dial up etc.

SO the web thinks that if you want a small image you would make a small image - it would be stupid to make an image that had a filesize any larger than it has to be....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.