ie7 blinks

ms1990kl

I have a navigation page that does a tremendous number of calculations each time data is submitted.  It runs fine on both IE and Firefox, but there is an annoying blink every time the page is run (i.e. every time I hit the submit button).  This is lame but bearable, except I use a background image, and  the flicker is extremely noticeable and distracting.  With Firefox, there is not the slightest hint of a flicker when the page is run.

Anybody have any suggestions.  The entire page is styled with CSS.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Thanks, I'll read the link you provided. 

I wrote a simple form with a single input and a PHP script that simply writes that value to the screen.  I did not style the page at all, except to put a background directly into the body tag (<body style="background-image:etc, etc.">

It still blinked noticeably, although it was less noticeable than with my real PHP script which is extremely time-consuming.

Is there any hope?

Mike

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.