Problem displaying Hindi font

villagegreen

I'm trying to use an html form to upload foreign language translations of English terms into a MySQL database.  Since many different languages will be entered on the page, I have read that I should set the charset on my uploading page as follows: <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

This has worked great for many different languages, including: Arabic, Spanish, Mandarin, etc.  Basically, I have all the translations in a Word doc and simply copy and paste them one at a time into a text box in the html form and then hit a submit button to upload them to a field in the database table of type 'blob'.  I have been able to pull these translations from the database and display on the web without any problem, except I can't get the Hindi terms to work.

The font I'm copying from the Word doc is 'Kruti Dev 010'.  When I copy the translation from the Word doc and paste it into the text box in my form, it turns to gibberish, i.e. 'iw.kZ U;wVªksfQy la[;k'.  How is it that every other language works except for Hindi?  The weird thing is that I have found Hindi text displayed on various websites which I am able to copy and paste successfully into my text box.  I just can't copt and paste successfully from my Word doc.

I've been searching the web for hours and am at a loss.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!   

When you solve this - let me know - I have a multilingual site in progress and I am scared to death at how I am going to display and process chinese, japanese, hebrew and those ####### french letters with the dash on the top etc etc etc...

Those are not french. Unless by dash you mean "á", and still, saying they are french, isnt accurate.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.