How do I increase page ranking in google?

TheFilmGod

Give me a break! Its not like I would think that a sticky labeled, "Stupid Answers ..." would have SEO!

DUH! (The title itself isn't user or google friendly!) LOL

Anyway, the information is completely useless. I know the terms and I don't need no glossary, I need constructive do's and not do's.

Well, the answer also outlines tips for SEO help and gives a google search link to different web sites that have seo help.  Some of which include raising your rank in google. Also, consider that SEO (google rank, including) is a profitable area and very few people here are going to out of their way to outline a full seo plan that you should follow when they can charge you, and rightly so, and make a profit.  True this is a help forum, but we help with problems. We don't do the work for you.  However, if you have, say, done some work to your website to raise google rank, tell us.  Were not going to cover every base for you, that is like doing the work ourselves.

So, either refer to the sticky and the link it provides OR you can do the following:

Detail to us what YOU have done already to raise your google rank. This will show what you've done right/wrong.

Include your meta tags (keywords, description, etc.)

Valid CSS/(X)HTML?

robot.txt file?

Those last three were actually included in the answer! If you will provide us with at least that, show us that you have at least TRIED to do the work, there might be some here who will opt to give you free seo advice.  But seriously, the only advice your going to get is validate everything, do link exchange, include your link in each page, no iframes, be descriptive, etc.  Just like was outlined in the sticky.  There isn't much more. BTW, did you read all the answer to the question in the sticky?  That stuff was in there, I typed it all in myself.  Just curious. Also, like I said your trying to get free help in an area that normally requires $$$ to get help with:

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&q=seo+help&btnG=Google+Search  (google search: "seo help")  a whole 71,700,000 results on seo help.  with two simple words. 

Page 1 Rankings Guarantee

www.berankednumber1.com      Guaranteed Page 1 $49.95 See Your Site on Page 1 in 7 Days

SEO Services $208/Month

eBrandz.com      Professional SEO Services Company. Free Initial Report. Call Us Now! Google Checkout

263 Years Of SEO Success

www.ClickResponse.net      18,000% ROI Guaranteed! Yeh, Right. Skip The B.S. - Real SEO From $1499

That is what your looking at for help-based. Why would people want to help for free when they could easily charge those amounts?  Besides, how do you think the people your asking for help learnt SEO?  All the way back to the beginning? Most of them typed those two words into google, read the vast amount of content avaliable to them for free, and figured it out.  Then they turned around an applied what they learnt for free to a skill, and charged people for it.

Also, one more link:  http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=google+page+rank+help&btnG=Search

What was you asking for?  Help. In what area? Google Page Rank.  So, what should you have searched?  "google page rank help"

Seriously, you may think i'm blowing you off or something, but i'm actually giving you the most help.  Learning to do research for your help, with very little guidance, means you learn more and retain more of that information.  Your less likely to lose something you've worked hard for.  Also, consider that Daniel and I could have locked this topic because of this:

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?action=search2 (keywords: "search engine optimization")

This question has been asked hundreds of times, that is why it is in the sticky.  I'll even list some of the results that you should have found easily on your own:

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,159080.0.html

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,158830.0.html

Not to mention the link in the sticky that had the results for a phpfreaks forum search. 

Now, I've just found all that information in under 7 minutes and had time to put it here along with my explanations.  What did I really do, though?  I just ran some very basic google/forum searches.  I found lots of tips.  We might be more prone to answer this question in depth if you had showed us that you had actually tried to solve it yourself, and there weren't already hundreds of other topics out there asking this same question.

Well I can give you a few of the things not to do:

First and foremost, NEVER fall for anything like

Page 1 Rankings Guarantee

www.berankednumber1.com      Guaranteed Page 1 $49.95 See Your Site on Page 1 in 7 Days

If they offer any type of guarantee of a page rank in a set amount of days; they are either scamers or spammers.  If they do manage to get you on the first page you will likely get banned from the search engine or at least your page rank will be dropped even further.

A good general rule of thumb is: The more keywords and text you have the better. That don't mean place hidden keywords behind images or inside of elements with the same font color as the background. Also, it is best if you can get your keywords into the url and page title. For instance, say you have a php gd tutorial. You would want something like yoursite.tld/tutorials/PHP_GD_Tutorial . I googled php gd tutorial and six out of the top ten results have those keywords in the url and they all have them in the page title. You should try to fit as many related keywords as possible into your pages.

Another don't is: Do not solely rely on ajax to show your content. You need to make sure that any js you place on your site, to display content,  degrades nicely. The bots do not parse javascript and will not get your content. Which means that page doesn't get indexed.

Something else that you could do is read blog articles and other general articles on what ever your site is about. Then leave a comment with a link back to your site(Keywords in the url of course). If you have to write an article just for that, Do it! Your page rank not only depends on the content but also your sites reputation. A sites reputation can almost always be determined by the links to it. You can find out how many incoming links you have by googling link:www.yoursite.tld

Also check out http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/

Good luck

You need to learn some stuff to, don't say too much when this is more than enough:

"JUST FU**ING GOOGLE IT!"

okay, dude! seriously!?  Okay, a bit of advice! Don't piss people off when they try to help you. I'm fairly sure that any senior member that sees this topic now has you blacklisted and from now on i bet a lot of your answers will be: just fucking google it!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.