Help with news system!

JimmyInMD

I've been searching for over an hour now for a simple news system.  I want the admin of my site to be able to post the news articles to a database with various editing/image.  I'll retrieve the news on MY page for display.  It would be nice to have a news poster profile setup with images, but it's not necessary.

And most importantly, I need this to be FREE!

Is there anything out there? 

PLEASE HELP!!

i have installed/used Wordpress on a variety of sites and find it to be very flexible as far as integration.

Hmm...

I guess I also need categories for the news items.  I've already setup this, so all I really need is an easy way to allow formatting of the news stories and the ability to easily add images. 

Wordpress seems to be overkill for what I'm doing, and cutenews doesn't have news categories (that I can see).

Thanks for the help, and keep helping!  :)

i have installed/used Wordpress on a variety of sites and find it to be very flexible as far as integration.

Hmm...

I guess I also need categories for the news items.  I've already setup this, so all I really need is an easy way to allow formatting of the news stories and the ability to easily add images. 

Wordpress seems to be overkill for what I'm doing, and cutenews doesn't have news categories (that I can see).

Thanks for the help, and keep helping!  :)

Actually cutenews does have categories, but doesn't write to a database (that I can tell).  So I just need a simple editor like the on most forums.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.