How to setup apache for intranet purpose only?

sayedsohail

Hi everone,

I have W2003 server with colleges connected via a LAN based on one network card and the cable modem/broadband  connected to the server on second card (Natting).  Everyone able to share the files from the server and browse internet.  Its working fine.

Now, we got a new webapplication in php, mysql.  I wish to install apache on this w2003 server, so the internal users can internally connect to the webapplication.  I don't want to serve the webapplication on the interent. 

I have to set apache on this w2003 server in a way, that only internal requests can reach the webapplication.

Can someone advised how to configure?

Note:  I am not sure which section on this forum will be appropriate to ask this question, so please except my apology and I would be grateful, if you wish to move this thread to the relevant section.

Thanks

you need to do something like:

in your <location> section or your virtualhost section

set the allow from to be your internal network..

i.e. my ip is 156.178.10.15

so I would put

allow from 156.178.10.0/24

I hope this guides you in the righr direction sorry it is not a complete answer

Steviewdr, your method is excellent, i am not sure where i need to add this details:

1. inside my .htaccess file or 2. httpdconf file, i am not sure where i need to put this details and do i need to also add my domain controller ip address inside the following lines.

Millions thanks, sorry i am not very technically sound, can you please explain a bit more please.

<VirtualHost internalip:80>

#usual config

</VirtualHost>

A VirtualHost entry is made in the main httpd.conf. A full sample vhostconfig is as follows:

<VirtualHost your.internal.ip:80>

ServerAdmin root@localhost

ServerName internal_computer_name

DocumentRoot c:\www\website

CustomLog c:\www\access.log combined

ErrorLog c:\www\error.log

Loglevel warn

<Directory />

Options FollowSymLinks Indexes MultiViews

AllowOverride All

</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

That should work it.

-steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.