HTML/PHP but mainly HTML

Mr P!nk

i have a page with 2 frames, 1 is the navigation on the left hand side, stays stationary, the other is the left hand side "content" and this scrolls.

In the "content" frame i have a Form which when submitted it emails the data to me, standard email form (Y)

but the submit buttons are in the nav frame and im struggling to post the data in  the "content" frame.

so what i'm asking is if there's a way to link my form from "content" to "nav"?

I'm exhausting myself trying to fathom this out

so any help would be awesome

thanks 

P! ???nk

The problem here is the use of frames. There is NO need to ever use frames. I would recommend looking at alternative like use php dynamic abilities to show up the navigation and the left side. You can always use a table layout which could work just like your frames.

Anyway, if you choose to, or have a reason why you are using frames, then I would simply recommend moving the submit button in the same frame. It would make it a bit confusing for the user if the submit button is not in that area. You know what I mean?

the use of  frames is solely down to a client being stupidly stubborn!

she wants it so you dint have to keep scrolling back to the top of the page to send/preview the whole form  :-\

I would recommend looking at alternative like use php dynamic abilities to show up the navigation and the left side. You can always use a table layout which could work just like your frames.

php dynamic abilities? could you explain more please  ;D

It would make it a bit confusing for the user if the submit button is not in that area. You know what I mean?

yes even though im developing it i get confused when im submitting it, but she's adamant that the "Frames" will be easier for the end user

*sigh*

Thanks for your input so far guys appreciated

P!nk

You're right --- use PHP includes to add multiple HTML pages in the browser window.  Similar to frames on appearance except it dynamically writes the HTML as if it were constructed on ONE page - not several. 

The problem you have now might be resolved if you post your script to the target frame.  I am still not sure what you are doing - usually with a 'normal form' I expect you are refering to a perl script in a cgi-bin someplace.  You normally post to this address.  ../somePath/cgi-bin/formHandle.pl

Build in PHP and your client will become enlightened! 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.