IE Problems (suprised?)

Aureole

If you go here you will see exactly what I mean.

CSS and xHTML is valid and I checked, IE is NOT running in quirks mode so what's going on?

Safari, Firefox, Opera (etc...) render everything fine (no suprise)...

I'm using IE 6 on Windows and this is really bugging me, anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: There's also a problem with the header a gap on the left and an overlap on the right... only apparent in IE also...

What you talking about, divs rule. I know it could be trimmed slightly but it's fine as it is. It's perfectly valid and semantic blah blah etc.

Help please...

EDIT:

The reason for all the Nav Container Divs if you would click Sign In and look at the Navigation area then it would be apparent to you, the rest aren't too bad anyway.

You are using divs where it is not appropriate. For example, you menu should be an unordered list and not a collection of divs. That is what ToonMariner meant by "divitis" and "clean up your code". Sorry, can't see your site in IE6 at the moment so can't help you with your specific issue...but cleaning up the code and using lists where appropriate will automatically overcome some alignment issues you may be experiencing.

Ok I'll convert my navigation to an ordered list, but still why is IE 6 messing up the template so bad, any ideas? I can get a screen-shot if you want.

I use IE6 for testing but I (along with a bunch others) are a bit too lazy to pull out the old IE6 from the dusty corner. Why not get a snapshot?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.