Daylight Savings Time -- It Changed Date Values?

Negligence

I recently noticed that the recorded times in my software had shifted back one hour, presumably along with the recent DST change on Sunday. I looked into it more and the changes do in fact seem to coincide with the DST change. However, I am not sure why this is the case because the date/time were manually entered into the database and were not in sync with the actual time -- they do not rely on the system time, and they should not be updated. They are simply static values stored in a DATETIME field.

But the record values actually did change. Does anyone know what can be done? I've got thousands of records that have been affected by this, and it was quite unexpected. What are my options?

Thank you in advance.

The records were actually created long ago with a datetime value of something after November 4th/2007. Following the DST change, any datetime values with a date of something later than November 4th had somehow been adjusted to be one hour less (records set for November 9th and 11:00am are now November 9th 10:00am).

I really do not understand what has happened here since this is the first time I've encountered such a situation.

The problem is that the DST change affected the data which had been previously entered. DST should not have affected any legacy data.

Those datetime fields were only meant to store a specific date and time (October 11th, 2pm) and never be affected by a DST change, timezone, or anything similar. Obviously it has been modified, somehow, and now I have the problem of figuring out why it adjusted the datetime fields in the first place, and how I can reverse the effects.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.