linux audio player?

neylitalo

Just to get this out of the way, I'm not talking about software. I've got an excellent music player installed on my Gentoo Linux computer. I'm looking for a portable, powerful audio player for a decent price. I don't expect you to do my shopping for me, but if you happen to run across something, if you know of something, or if you know of any resources I can use, I would love it if you would share them.

My requirements:

• No less than 20G
  • Must support the OGG/Vorbis file format
  • Must connect as an external storage device (I can figure this one out on my own, if you're not sure)

I know the subject says "linux" specifically, but if it meets those three requirements, it doesn't matter if it's based on Linux or not. I just figured that a Linux-based player would be more likely to fit the second two criteria.

Hey neylitalo, did you get exaile to include mp3 support? If so what flasg have you set? I remember trying to install this thing months ago but never got around to finnishing it. Had alot of masked deps and the like, then complained about...

"You do not have the appropriate Gstreamer plugin installed to play this file: file:///home/thorpe/foo.mp3"

Neither gstreamer or any of its deps

thorpe@oblivion ~ # emerge -pve exaile | grep gst    
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.14  0 kB 
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/gst-plugins-base-0.10.14  USE="X alsa -debug -esd -oss -xv" 0 kB 
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-alsa-0.10.14  0 kB 
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/gst-plugins-bad-0.10.5  USE="-debug" 0 kB 
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-x-0.10.14  0 kB 
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-vorbis-0.10.14  0 kB 
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-faad-0.10.5  0 kB 
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-cdparanoia-0.10.14  0 kB 
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/gst-plugins-good-0.10.6  USE="-debug" 0 kB 
[ebuild   R   ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-ogg-0.10.14  0 kB 
[ebuild   R   ] dev-python/gst-python-0.10.8-r1  USE="-doc" 0 kB

seem to have any usefull flags.

Kinda forgot about it since (still using audacious) then but would really like to get mp3s going with exaile.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.