[SOLVED] Please help me fix my database

Azu

My computer completely froze up so that I had to hold the power button like 5 seconds or whatever to turn it off.

When I turned it back on, every time I tried to access a certain database, the mysqld-nt.exe would instantly die.

Just clicking on it in SQLyog would do this.

I tried restarting my computer/restarting MySQL multiple times to no avail.

I finally gave up and tried to drop the database, and that failed to

Error dropping database (can't rmdir './f/', errno: 17)

Strangely, I can finally view the database now. All of my tables are deleted though. I figured this wouldn't be a problem since I make frequent backups.. but it turns out I was only backing up data and not table structure.

So now I am trying to go through thousands of lines of my PHP and guess what my table structure was, so that I can reconstruct it.

And now I'm getting an error when I am trying to run alter table blah set engine=Archive (not this exact sentence but whatever) it gives an error saying it can't create a database or a table or something (with seemingly random letters and numbers as the name of it)

Please help x_x I have no idea what to do I can't even drop the database..

I'm running the latest versions of 64bit MySQL, 64bit XP, 64bit SQLyog, and 64bit PHP.

If somebody could help me fast that would be very good because I think people are going to start getting mad at me and leaving my site if I have to have it down much longer.. I think it's been over an hour already.. =( please help! I'm totally clueless on what to do here..

About 1 third MyISAM, 1 third InnoDB, and 1 third Archive

There is a "a.ARN" in the folder.

Is there some way to drop this database without messing up my other databases? I don't want to cause any more damage then has already been done x_x

BTW is there any way that I can recover my table structure? It will take me forever to recreate it all from scratch =\ and I need to make all of the rows in the exact same order that they were in before or else when I try to import the data it will get all messed up :(

I figured this wouldn't be a problem since I make frequent backups.. but it turns out I was only backing up data and not table structure.

I wasn't expecting the databases themselves to become messed up x_x just the data in the tables.

Please if you could tell me soon a way to fix them I would really really really appreciate it because I've been up over 40 hours and I need to fix this before I fall asleep, I can't have it be broken down all night X_X;

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.