my old account was deleted

therealwesfoster

Ok.. this is uncalled for..

my account (Wes1890) has been deleted.. what the hell? some mod is being a ....

that md5 hash i said was my password actually was "did you think i was going to give you my password".. it wasnt my password (look in this topic: http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,170255.msg752087.html#msg752087 )

now some mod is screwing around with me and its uncalled for..

whats the reason for this?

btw, the mods online at the time of this happening are: Barand, neylitalo, Thorpe, and AndyB

thanks

You know I almost got my account suspended for swearing on these forums. Im not saying anything but the mod sent me a warning and I appologized to him and he was nice egnouph to give me another chance. my only comment is dont be swearing to a mod because that really isnt a good idea to get you account back!

Dont know why your account was deleted, you didnt do anything to compromise the security of this site, all you did was post a MD5 hash, Who knows if they use MD5 here, or if they use something else to hash, or if they even do hash, maybee something they made themselves.  Agree with you, this is uncalled for.

Yes it is un called for but there may be some reason, some security hole about this site that you comprimised posting that... Or maybe they figured if someone could decrypt the hash then it would be possible for the hackers to start spamming the forums under your account? Im really not sure why but there must be some reason for it. Right?

Ya I know I posted in that topic too. I posted the 28th in the topic. Right before your double post... Oh well not that many people are n00bies twice. (In the rank I mean) But your acounts deleted. There is no way of getting it back. Sad to say, I feel your pain thought I would be heart-broken if my account got deleted. But re-reading your posts I dont really see why your account was deleted. But oh well... What can ya do?

I can assure you that your account was not deleted by myself, Thorpe, Barand, or AndyB, unless it somehow made it into the queue of accounts requesting deletion.

If the hash you posted was indeed not the hash for your password, then we can attribute this to an act of a supernatural being, someone at your physical location using your computer while you were AFK, or something equally odd. However, if it was your hash, then it is entirely possible that you gave somebody the information required to hijack your cookie, log in as you, and request account deletion.

I'm terribly sorry that this happened to you, but again, I assure you that none of the moderators deleted your account simply because you posted an MD5 hash, or for any other reason. That's hardly worthy of a ban.

Well, it wasnt my actual password hash like I said. So thats out of the question.

I was on my computer the whole time, so nobody at my house did it. So thats out of the question.

I didn't request a deletion. So thats out of the question.

That leaves nothing except an unruly mod or admin.. :-\

I can think of only one way to prove that it wasn't your password hash: Give us the string that you hashed to get cd07ddb17471e8ff66014578c8e93280. I hashed the string you said it was ("did you think i was going to give you my password"), but I got 31541c9de7f0ff00bfb41630772cad88.

i tried

"did you really think i would give you my password"

"did you really think i would give you my password?"

"did you really think i would give you my password lol"

"did you really think i would give you my real password"

"did you really think i would give you my actual password"

"did you actually think i would give you my password"

"did you actually think i would give you my password?"

"did you actually think i would give you my password lol"

"did you actually think i would give you my real password"

"did you actually think i would give you my actual password"

"do you think i would give you my password"

"do you think i would give you my real password"

"do you think i would give you my password?"

"do you think i would give you my password lol"

"do you think i would give you my real password?"

"do you think i would give you my real password lol"

etc etc etc

I give up.. anyways, my old password for that account was jim1george

I don't have to prove anything to anyone.. it wasn't my real password hash though

I have personally checked the moderation log.  There have been no actions against your account whatsoever.  Your account is also not in the log of "account deletion approvals".

The only option I can see is that someone deleted you directly from the database (only 2 of us can do that and we check with one another before doing so) and the only thread about you in the admin area is about this thread asking if someone can look into it (and we always discuss bans and we never delete accounts).

So either you're talking about another board or the server just decided to eat you. 

even if someone logged in and deleted it, the admins still have to approve it.  That makes ober, eric, and myself. eric doesn't mess with the site much, that is why he signed on ober and myself.  neither i nor ober deleted it because it would be in the logs.  no mods deleted it, because we would see that in the logs to.. as for the database itself, ober and myself have not deleted any users from it.  it is quite possible that there is a glitch in the smf version, in which case i'll see if i can get hold of one of the smf developers that are a part of this community.

Case of being. The account is gone. There is no way to get it back, we all feel sorry for you but it is not your fault and it is not a mod's or admin's fault. These things just happen. Once again i appologize but there really isnt anything you or me or anyone else can do about the situation. For future refrence dont post your Hash. I really dont know what to say. Were all sorry for you, but we will all remember to add up the 256 posts to all future posts you make  :'( Im not trying to be mean and you can beat me up if I insulted you but fact is there is not way around it unless PHPfreaks makes backup's of thier databases

Ok, well thanks everyone for trying to help me get to the bottom of it.. even though we never really figured anything out lol

Im fine though, it's just a forum, I dont worry about post count or anything like that.. so oh well

I would ask that you change my username back to Wes1890, but this one is very similar and i use it everywhere else anyways, so dont worry about it..

Will any of this matter in 100 years? Nope  ;D

yes.  the administrative team is looking into that now.  the account was, for all intents and purposes, deleted by some unknown action. Now the account has re-appeared, but the post count does not match up correctly.  So, firstly we are working on getting hold of an smf developer who is a member of our forums to see if he knows of any bugs in the system. Also, I don't know how the other mods/admins feel about you now having two accounts.  We won't be taking any action against any of your accoutns for the time being, mainly because it seems that your account might vanish at random again.  My suggestion is to change your password on both accounts, and on your email just in canse they know your email password and can get your pass reset.  Anyways, it appears that the database has deleted you, then added you back, then banned you, then unbanned you, and then edited your post count.

yes. the administrative team is looking into that now. the account was, for all intents and purposes, deleted by some unknown action. Now the account has re-appeared, but the post count does not match up correctly. So, firstly we are working on getting hold of an smf developer who is a member of our forums to see if he knows of any bugs in the system. Also, I don't know how the other mods/admins feel about you now having two accounts. We won't be taking any action against any of your accoutns for the time being, mainly because it seems that your account might vanish at random again. My suggestion is to change your password on both accounts, and on your email just in canse they know your email password and can get your pass reset. Anyways, it appears that the database has deleted you, then added you back, then banned you, then unbanned you, and then edited your post count.

Wo Hoo! A Computer Bug. Arent they fun...