select and order by most common

iHack

need to use sum it like

$select = mysql_query("SELECT from 'hits' WHERE users='$var['users']' ORDER BY DESC limit 0, 50");

that is a idea it wont work cos im not that good but mite be what your looking for.

I don't that will work, its just a SELECT, WHERE.

Sorry, the column name I need to ORDER and SELECT by is called 'song', my mistake :)

Sort of, somebody opens a song it enters the song 'name' and user 'IP' into 'hits', the user can only do this twice to prevent refreshing and get a song popular.

I'm trying to make the popularity table of songs from the hits table.

James.

okay try this think its kinda what you want ;

$song = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM 'hits' WHERE song='song name or what ever' ORDER BY DESC 0, 50 );

think that is what you want if not sorry.

I don't want to specify a specific song name (so no WHERE, I think). I need to get a list of all song 'name's in order of the must occurring 'name' .

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.