index in many search engines

isaac_cm

don't do it!

I read in a book that Yahoo! and Google handle about 90% of the worlds search queries... why pay someone to submit your site to 198 other search engines where only you MIGHT get another 10%?

But... They most likely do it by using CRUL, and acting like a actual user and submit your site with all of the proper information.

Agreed. There are really only three search engines you need to care about, and they'll find you if you are doing everything right. Besides, getting listed isn't the same as getting ranked - being on page 213 of some no name search engine isn't worth paying for.

I'm #5 in google for "opensource flv player" :)

some sites when I search for in Google I get the result contain a link to the main site plus 4 lines of most important pages in this site they list also the description of those pages, how I do that so google can show my site like this ??

example type "autodesk" in goolge

Thanks

don't do it!

I read in a book that Yahoo! and Google handle about 90% of the worlds search queries... why pay someone to submit your site to 198 other search engines where only you MIGHT get another 10%?

in regards to this, i have heard something about link popularity or something...basically it is like this.  if you have one link to your site you get one point, putting you ahead of all the sad people out there with no points...if you submit your site to 200 search engines, that automatically gets you 200 points...

now, most search engines have a free submission area and i believe there are sites where you can submit to a bunch of search engines for free at the same time... will do some digging and find out.

Want good rank/traffic from search engines? READ THIS:

When someone goes on google and writes in a keyword, google will search all the pages for the keywords inputted. There may be over 1,000,000 pages that were found and relevant. So how does google determine the page rank?

Its all in calculus. Google will crawl the web on monday. It finds 5 websites linking to your site. When it comes back to crawl the web again next week, it finds 10 links. It starts to plot your site's growth, and using complex (or easy) calculus it determines your growth vs. prospective competition outreach.

Therefore, link popularity doesn't mean you'll be ranked well, because google may find 1,000 links to your site one day, and then next week find you only have 990 links? No growth, no rank.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.