[SOLVED] SQL Syntax: Am I Missing Something?

refiking

Here is the message I received when I ran my script:

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '@yahoo.com,0000)' at line 2

Here is line 2:

include 'login.php';

My login script works fine when I use it to submit the form data, but when I click submit, it tells me about a SQL syntax error near line 2, but the data it is referring to is only at lines 84 & 85:

$s1 = "INSERT INTO Borrowers(bor_id,username,password,bfn,bln,tel,email,ssn)
VALUES ($borid,$user,$pass,$bfn,$bln,$tel,$email,$ssn)";

Am I Missing Something?

CORRECT WAY WITH ERROR DEBUG MODE

<?php
$s1 = "INSERT INTO Borrowers(bor_id,username,password,bfn,bln,tel,email,ssn)
VALUES('$borid','$user','$pass','$bfn','$bln','$tel','$email','$ssn')";
$sq1_result=mysql_query($s1)or die(mysql_error());
?>

you also need to post every varable

example with database protection

$user=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['user']);

zanus i no it all about reading, php6 will really kill a lot off current used functions example eregi is not turned on anymore preg_regex is default, there going to be no more {} braces [] only also there going to be a lot more class functions lol, not sure but i even think the new mysql functions will be default not the old ones i use, big changes lots off god dam readaing

redarrow, what the str_reverse('kcuf') are you talking about? Curly braces are not going to be removed from PHP 6.

The only thing that will change with curly braces in PHP 6 is that it will be deprecated to use them for single character access. E.g.

<?php
$string = 'test';
echo $string{2} // "s" - deprecated in PHP 6
echo $string[2] // "s" - not deprecated in PHP 6
?>

Also, ereg will not be removed but moved to PECL and there is no function called preg_regex().

dont use curly braces that makes the database force the insert that bad programming method

That doesn't make any sense.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.