SQL statement help

temujinleal

Good day!! i would like to ask, how can i make an SQL statement if i'm going to find out the range of dates..

Because i'm making my simple project for school and it is related to reservation..

if i have check in date time of 2007-01-05 13:00:00 and check out date time of 2007-01-15 12:00:59, how can i make an SQL statement for that range of time?

i will use that dates so that i cannot select the rooms that are already been used and reserved for that particular date time...

thanks!! cheers!!

$startdate = mktime (0,0,0, $month, 1, $year);
$enddate = mktime (23,59,59,$month, $days_in_month, $year);

$query = "SELECT rid, rdate, rdesc FROM reservations WHERE rdate >= '$startdate' and rdate <= '$enddate' ORDER BY rdate ASC";

This is what I use for my reservation listings, it will query only 1 month of data

sir is there any alternative aside from using the BETWEEN clause so that i can also try the others for accuracy.. thanks!!

cheers!!

Accuracy? What are you talking about? The php equivalent is slower and worse... definitely not more accurate.

Accuracy? What are you talking about? The php equivalent is slower and worse... definitely not more accurate.

sir what i mean is the result of the query...

$startdate = mktime (0,0,0, $month, 1, $year);

$enddate = mktime (23,59,59,$month, $days_in_month, $year);

$query = "SELECT rid, rdate, rdesc FROM reservations WHERE rdate >= '$startdate' and rdate <= '$enddate' ORDER BY rdate ASC";

sir how about if i have field for check in date and another field for check out date?

thanks!!

sir if i will have this example sql:

SELECT tbl_booking.FK_rooms FROM tbl_booking WHERE tbl_booking.check_in_date BETWEEN '2008-01-07 08:00:00' AND '2008-01-08 07:50:00' OR tbl_booking.check_out_date BETWEEN '2008-01-07 08:00:00' AND '2008-01-08 07:50:00'

then i have this data:

tbl_booking

-------------------------------------------------

check_in_date            |    check_in_time

2008-01-06 08:00:00  |    2008-01-09 12:50:00

------------------------------------------------

their datatypes are DATETIME

i can't select it..  :'(

i used to try the DATE datatype and the values were just the date, the sql statement works..

but i must consider the time so i changed it to DATETIME but it fails to select...

how can i make this sql statement possible to return accurate results with my sample data? thanks!!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.