[SOLVED] paypal masspayment HELP

asmith

hey guys

this is the thing paypal says about automatic mass payment :

https://www.paypal.com/IntegrationCenter/ic_masspay.html

can anyone out there do me a favor , tell me how to apply that ? i can't understand that exactly .

i want to pay clients using this .  for example in user pages, i put some part. client type the amount and click cashout or withdraw, whatever, then the amount would transfer  from site paypal acount to his account .

i'm just too confused. please help me

thanks in advance

( i just don't know how to start it , i 've  created the form that user type the amount and click ... don't know what to do next ,how to apply that  ?)

I would be extremely cautious about using Mass Pay to allow users to withdraw funds themselves. The intent of the Paypal Mass Payment API is to allow you to make multiple payments at the same time. My recommendation would be to allow users to request a withdraw and tag them for processing. Then, have a CRON script that runs every few hours (or even just once per day) that picks up those withdrawals and actually uses the API to process those payments.

Have you signed up for a Paypal developer account so you can access the sandbox and create test accounts there? If not, I'd definitely recommend you start there and then do some reading in the Paypal forums for specific help on the different APIs that are available to you.

thanks for replying , i'm so noob in paypal and script doing with paypal , so i'm so scared here .

i will do what you said  , i'll let users request , then with CRON i'll run the script .

i have a premier paypal account .  i don't know what is paypal developer aaoucnt , test accounts sounds sound so intresting for me , coz i was worried how to test the whole thing .

can you guide me please ? how can i do that ? 

to tell you where i am :    i just have a verified premier account, i can  make a user request page for withdraw.

now what to do next  ?

thanks for taking time :D

Your developer account is completely separate from your normal Paypal account, but you can simulate the exact settings you have on your account. Go to the Paypal developer's sandbox site to register and get started. Once there and logged in, download the NVP (Name Value Pair) API from paypal and read through the code and examples. I believe that once you look through the samples and set it up with your developer account for testing, things will start to come together for you.

Good luck!

PS - As a side note, any time you are doing any automated Paypal transactions, I would strongly encourage you to also implement the IPN (Instant Payment Notification) script. That way, you have a log of every transaction as well.

account created!

NVP downloaded !

i'm reading it  , and i also run it from my localhost ,   

in the main menu i've got this :

Website Payments Pro Samples 

DoDirectPayment - Sale 

DoDirectPayment - Authorization 

ExpressCheckout - Sale 

ExpressCheckout - Authorization 

ExpressCheckout - Order 

Administrative Samples

DoCapture 

DoVoid 

GetTransactionDetails 

TransactionSearch 

RefundTransaction 

Reauthorization 

MassPay

these are samples.

just ot a little confused,how to start it from my web site pages ?

found their forum! :D

some useful links too .

but i guess i must start with IPN first .

if i want to save the how much money users have transfered to site paypal accoutn , i must use IPN , right ?

(i mean save it to mysql DB)

IPN allows you to register a script with paypal that they will hit with transaction data whenever activity occurs on your account. What you do with that data is completely up to you, but if you are wanting to keep your own log of account activity, yes, you will need to activate an IPN script.

at the time , i've got no mone in my paypal account, can i still use sandbox to see if my code send amount to the clients account, OR clients can transfer to mine ?

If you read the introduction to the sandbox, it will instruct you that you need to create at least two test users: one for seller and one for buyer. You can create as many as you like for testing purposes, and you can prime their accounts with X number of dollars. That way, as you transfer money, you can make sure everything is working ideally.

this is so great , thanks ! really thanks for guiding me , it was a big nightmare for me , never know where to start ! don't know how to thank you !

this IPN script i have:

http://www.web-bureau.com/modules/free-php-paypal-ipn-script.php

i read it and understood it all , but don't know how to apply it , where on my site i have to put this ?

hmm a serious question poped up. 

for this thing we are talking about ,  what account type works best for me ?  i mean for using mass payment as we talked about , i can't use personal account , can i ? 

From what I understand, the Direct Payment form to accept Paypal on your own site is the only one of the samples that requires a full business account. I believe the rest can be used with a standard account.

thanks a lot for the information ,for the last thing , you know any good paypal forums ?  (i know i can't find something like phpfreak anywhere)

The best help I have gotten is in the forums right on the paypal developers site itself. There is a forum there you can discuss issues, and there are a TON of examples in there you can search for, too.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.