Question

Javis

Umm what would i need to do (if i even can) to make it so on my site (im using free hostia as a host) i have a certain page come up before another. An example of this would be before i have my forums come up i would like for it to display my tos page. If you have any questions about what im asking just ask because im sure it isnt very clear lol. Thanks in advance

Just send them to your tos page; when the click on your forum link or button or however they are accessing you forum. Then add this little snippet of code to your tos page.

<h3>Do You Agress To These Terms?</h3>

<br/><br/>

<input type="button" onclick="document.location.href='http://www.yourdomain.com/forumpagename.php'; return true" value="Yes">
<input type="button" onclick="alert('You Must Except Our TOS Agreement To Use Our Forum')" value="No">

Obviously this is a very simple way to do this, but if you want to make it mandatory that they click "yes"; I suggest you do this differently and use server side scripting to validate their answer. But if you just want to give the a quick "heads up"; this will work just fine.

If I clicked "join" and then something just automatically popped out without loading, this would piss me off. You are better using php to go through the information and come out with an error without using a javascript.

Javascript is a great language, but for this instance, it clogs up the source code and is rather annoying.

my tos is in php i was just wondering how to do this and it seemed more like an html thing to me. Its not a pop up any ways. What it is would be like say my site was phpfreaks.com. When you type that url into the address bar it would bring you to my tos page ensted of my actuall site

You want to avoid using JavaScript to validate to see whether something has been done on the page. If people have JavaScript turned off, then the form or whatever will be sent and it will screw up big time. For my website, out of my 2000 some visitors a day, about 130 or so have JavaScript turned off.  That's a surprisingly big number.

Just send them to your tos page; when the click on your forum link or button or however they are accessing you forum. Then add this little snippet of code to your tos page.

<h3>Do You Agress To These Terms?</h3>

<br/><br/>

<input type="button" onclick="document.location.href='http://www.yourdomain.com/forumpagename.php'; return true" value="Yes">
<input type="button" onclick="alert('You Must Except Our TOS Agreement To Use Our Forum')" value="No">

Obviously this is a very simple way to do this, but if you want to make it mandatory that they click "yes"; I suggest you do this differently and use server side scripting to validate their answer. But if you just want to give the a quick "heads up"; this will work just fine.

Not what im asking lol :P I have already set up the tos so it redirects to my site.. what im looking for is a way to make it when the type in my site like lets say mysite.freehostia.com for it to bring me to my tos and not my web site.

also note that my tos is not a pop up. It is a seperate page.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.