is there any program to design using css

seco

Hi

im using dreamweaver to design pages using css and writing css by hand

is there any program that i can drag css and it will snap to the adjacent one by default like developing in windows applications and then i can set if its absolute position or not

css is not a 'draggable' object-like thing.

absolute position is best avoided as it probably causes more problems than it solves.

I'd suggest learning more about css and less about dreamweaver.

Other opinions may vary - I really don't know how or even if you can do what I think you're asking about.

What you are saying doesn't make sense. That would not even be possible unless it is some recent software. Also at AndyB, many companies only say hand-coding is needed incase HTML editors such as DreamWeaver can't produce the same results. It's good to know programs such as DreamWeaver though I agree with you that you shouldn't rely too much on editors to do the work for you.

Ever since i toke the first steps towards, learning html/css, (about 5 years ago), i haven't even looked back.

Don't use such programs, save yourself the trouble. Besides, hand-writing the code can actually be faster then using such editors, unless you use the templates.

Absolute positioning doesn't curse problems, its one of the most efficient tools web-designers got. However many beginners not knowing about the position relative/absolute trick, disregard it as being useless, since it at first look doesn't work inside a basement div. This is however wrong, give the basement a position: relative; declaration, and it works as most of us would want it to.

Ever since the release of IE7 i cant promote the use of position enough.

For clarity's sake, perhaps I should have said "people who don't know what they're really doing should avoid absolute position as a first recourse to every layout problem" ... unless they are lucky enough to have absolute control over the user's browser choice and monitor size :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.