A little critique please..

rcorlew

I am getting ready to launch the final phase of a website. Since there are some serious modifications to the existing site, I am hosting this on my test server for now.

Here is the site:

http://corlewfamily.dnsalias.net/fsbs/

It should be working correctly, the house listings are just for testing, they will be replaced.

I like it, clean, easy to navigate, and for the most part pretty professional.

The only thing from a design point, without be too opinionated or critical is the right hand BG. The left is blue, although the right is grey and looks uneven. I think the same color blue should fill up that whitespace when not in use. Otherwise nothing stands out to me.

Header graphic is way too blurry. I think the navigation should stand out rather then drop into the page. The concept for the header is ok, but the execution needs to be worked on.  The sign is very flat and as stated the graphics are blurry.

I'm not sure why you would have a calendar on this page, isn't that something more personal?

The colors are so-so, maybe brighten it up a bit.

I have been thinking of sharpening up the header a smidge, but I do not want the file size too big, any suggestions on  a ceiling for the size, or I suppose I could just slice it in two or something like that.

The calendar will be linked up to an online booking app, it is already there, but there are no open dates right now, but when there are open days, you can select them to have a showing.

I have been tossing around the idea of making the < h 4 > be a crimson color, since it appears on several different pages, and tossing a dashed border around the links on the navbar to make it say hey, I am a  navbar.

I will work on those color additions tonight, hopefully I can get a "WOW" out of it.

you need to blend shari into the background.

also...

"Shari sold it, let me show you why."

that means is your going to point out the flaws in her house as to why she sold the house

shouldn't it be "Shari sold it, let me show you how."

which will show you HOW shari sold the house, which i think is MUCH more profatable. :3

www.webcriticz.com/hosted/title.jpg

your welcome

Are you serious? 

And I would disagree, she does not need to blend into the background, she should pop out as the main attraction.  Same with the house, it should not blend/fade with the background, that doesn't make sense. 

Maybe you need another picture of her, because that one is very pixelated and looks like crap. 

I am waiting on here to send over some better pics, I know that I cannot get it much better than what it is, I might just take some myself, and I am going to get a better picture of a house too, but it will take a day or so to get that done.

I know that the header image is close, but needs a little tweaking, as for the sign, she fell in love with that, and so did her boss, which I am trying to talk into letting me put a search script on the company's server so I can do away with that stupid IFRAME, so I do not think I could get away with changing that.

I appreciate the comments, I will keep working on it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.