Looking for PHP mentor...

cgm225

I am a fourth year medical student, self taught in PHP/MySQL, and am still relatively new to web programming.  My personal site is here

I wanted to know if there was anyone out there, preferably an expert, that would be willing to mentor me in PHP/MySQL (i.e. review my working code and give me feedback on what I cam improve, send me articles to read, etc.).  I want to get better at PHP/MySQL, but I need someone to push me to the next level.

I am not looking for someone to ask a million questions to, or to do my coding for me!

I've learned a lot about n00bie errors and what not to do from reading PHP Help section topics. But I'd just suggest picking up some advanced books, and coming here with questions in PHP Help, from what I've seen, we have some pretty knowledgable people here.

This may sound silly, but I use to go to projects posted on freelancing websites generally in the PHP/MYSQL section and try to create the application myself, just for self experience. Although you can try to create little challenges for yourself, and try to use the php.net manual and explore different functions that can help you create the application.

From my experience, i think the "next level" thing or the "push" was really from clients I have had. Back when I was a beginner, I use to just accept any projects related to php and mysql even if i didn't know how to make it, I just tried and succeeded.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.