A Portfolio Site

spikeon

The designs a little basic, looks good for a start but needs work. Banner looks a little too thin and doesn't really fit in.. Generally needs a bit more colour and a bit more detail, too bland in my opinion...

Content wise it needs improving, seem to have capital letters in the middle of sentences and gappy text.. incomplete paragraphs, lots of line breaks, doesn't flow too well... overall the grammar isn't too good... also I'm not too sure what the difference between 'Spikeon Inc' and 'Naked Monkeys' is?

Adam

In our Opinion, W3C standards were a silly silly creation meant to make us rip out all of our hair, thus making us naked monkeys. In our angst, we will not go out of our way to make our code confirm to any standards. But we will make sure that our code looks good in every browser known to man (and monkey).

You are a disgrace to all monkeys and men.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<html>

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">

noone informed me of that...ever...

well, the thing is that i'd post a site here, and then people would validate it, and get 500 errors because it presumes its XHTML

That explains why your site is about "naked monkeys"...

The link I gave you for the validator figures out whether or not it is html/xhtml by extracting the doctype. It then parses according to it.

well, now that i know that html still exists, and wasn't REPLACED by xhtml, i changed the site to fix, and at least the front page validates

the rest of them don't because i use coded-in GET commands, and since it has a & in it, it thinks its gotta be a   that it can't recognise....

well, now that i know that html still exists, and wasn't REPLACED by xhtml, i changed the site to fix, and at least the front page validates

the rest of them don't because i use coded-in GET commands, and since it has a & in it, it thinks its gotta be a   that it can't recognise....

The homepage still doesn't validate.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.