iTunes Update == Safari

steelmanronald06

Well, it appears that the Apple Update Console not only updates iTunes and installs QuickTimes, but it now automatically installs Safari! WTF is up with that???  I'm using Safari now, I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt since anything is better than IE, but it still kinda bugs me that they instantly assume I would like to have Safari on my laptop/desktop!

I hate anything like that. You cant even download adobe acrobat reader without being asked to instal the yahoo toolbar. It wouldn't be quite so bad if these things were set to off by default.

You can opt out of that. Either during the installation process or when you go to download Adobe Acrobat reader.

I hate anything like that. You cant even download adobe acrobat reader without being asked to instal the yahoo toolbar. It wouldn't be quite so bad if these things were set to off by default.

You can opt out of that. Either during the installation process or when you go to download Adobe Acrobat reader.

Yeah, i know you can opt out. I just dislike the fact that i have to. These things should be opt in rather than opt out imo.

well, after using Safari, i must say it is fairly nice to have. I'm sure I could accomplish the same features with Firefox, but I would have to mod them...Some of the features are just plain nice, though.  And I probably should check my websites for proper viewing in safari anyways...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.