Hey guys ,
I am currently trying to create a dynamic page layout using data that i am pulling from my database.(mysql)
i have created the a href to show page.php?title=$title&id=$Id
then i created the page.php where the code will be inserted to spit out the page after matching the ids
this is where the problem ensues, i have created some conditionals
At first, i had this code:
$content = mysql_query("SELECT *
ORDER BY rating, votes DESC
LIMIT 0 , 30");
$row = mysql_fetch_assoc($content);
print_r ($rows); //shows the entire array
but my problem that i was encountering was that any link i clicked was not producing a different ID to the URL, it was just spitting out the same array for every link i clicked on .
i then tried hunting my $_GET and figured to find where the variables are coming from. and to change my SQL query to locate the correct variable
i figured that the issue must be that my sql statement is not matching the $_GET to the field of the Database( 'id' ) , although that is the name of the field.
i then changed it up to this simple code:
$pageid = $_GET['id'];
$title = $_GET['title'];
$idQuery = mysql_query(" SELECT * FROM `content` WHERE 'id'=$pageid LIMIT 0 , 20");
$rows = mysql_fetch_assoc($idQuery);
print_r ($rows) // nothing is found
i really wish to figure this out without being spoon fed the answer, but i have been stuck on this for a few nights and really could use some suggestions.
Edited by justin7410, 25 March 2013 - 09:58 PM.