unlink() function not deleting files

joaomagico

I have a <a>, on click delete a product from database that is on server, I want to delete the product 
and the same time delete the image of that product. I using unlink() my code delete the product but don't 
delete the image and I don't no why someone can tell me what is missing ? 

if((isset($_GET["remove"])) && ($_GET["remove"] != "")){

$idproduct = $_GET["remove"];

$sql ="DELETE FROM product WHERE idproduct = '".$idproduct."'";
if(mysqli_query($connect, $sql) or die ("Erro")){

//the part that don't work
$file = $frontpage_url."/images/".$_FILES["imagem"]["name"]; unlink($file);

echo "success";

}
}

that might be where your images are stored, but you must specify which image you want to delete, which is why i asked what method have you used to associate the row in the product database table with the image that was stored in the $frontpage_url."/images/" folder?

if you have no relationship that tells you which image belongs with which row in the product table, how do you expect to be able to delete the proper image file?

that might be where your images are stored, but you must specify which image you want to delete, which is why i asked what method have you used to associate the row in the product database table with the image that was stored in the $frontpage_url."/images/" folder?

if you have no relationship that tells you which image belongs with which row in the product table, how do you expect to be able to delete the proper image file?

Yes that is my problem how I associate the image with the row I want to delete ? 

It's a little late now.  If the database doesn't have the image name saved with the product, and if the image name is not simply product id, no amount of programming is going to join them for you.  You have to develop a scheme to connect the two before you can continue with this project. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.