Convert DD/MM/YYYY to YYYY/MM/DD ?

mikemeadeuk

Hi Guys,

I need a way of converting DD/MM/YYYY to YYYY/MM/DD via one php line. any ideas how I would accomplish this?

Basically, I have a bit of kit that allows me to change CSV data before it imports into my application. However I seem to only be able to use standard PHP functions and not custom functions.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

cheers,

mike

Hi Guys,

thanks for the replys. I am limited to what I can do, as I can only enter the php code into a text box. This is the instructions I have:

------

Advanced expressions use php eval() function, it can be also very powerful, example:

{{substr("{item.expiry_date}",0,4}}

------

Do you know if there is a way to convert the date into the format I need using eval()? If you wondering, {item.expiry_date} refers to the column expiry_date in my CSV file.

Please excuse my limited knowledge.

thanks

mike

hi, it works fine in in a standalone php file yes. However I am using magento with this:  http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/magmi/index.php?title=Value_Replacer

And this application uses eval() to allow php functions to alter the CSV file before importing to my magento website.

This is what I did, using Barands code, and I placed it within double curly braces as the application advises. And {item.StartDate} refers to StartDate in my CSV file.

{{list ($d, $m, $y, $h, $i, $s) = sscanf({item.StartDate}, '%d/%d/%d %d:%d:%d');$ymd = date('Y-m-d H-i:s', mktime($h,$i,$s,$m,$d,$y)) ;}}

Any ideas what Im doing wrong?

Thanks

Mike

sorry, this even:

{{list ($d, $m, $y, $h, $i, $s) = sscanf({item.StartDate}, '%d/%d/%d %d:%d:%d');{item.StartDate} = date('Y-m-d H-i:s', mktime($h,$i,$s,$m,$d,$y)) ;}}

This works perfectly well in a single php file, but if I put it within eval() it highlights as an error, I'm not overly clued up as you can tell, so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

thanks

*Readies the tar, feathers, torches and pitchforks.* Bad, Barand, bad! Now you'll have to be punished.

mikemeadeuk: I'd advice you to edit the actual code in question, instead of trying to write pseudo-code for a third party wrapper with (apparently) lacking documentation. Reduce the complexity when it is not needed, and you'll find that a whole lot of headaches will simply vanish.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.