starting a new site - how's the look so far

skein

It looks pretty good so far ( though there is little to judge it on), I would use some css on the links though, perhaps remove the underline and change colour on hover...

EDIT: okay that was odd, I was redirected to an entirely different site after about a minute... it look really nice.

First thing to comment is the table based layout. Even if ure not very good with css, that site is a simple 2 columns layout so doing it css-based wont be difficult. Next is the complete lack of content, so theres little to comment on this concern. On the graphics, i can say that the header looks fine (probably as i like fighting games and especially Akuma) but the rest doesnt cut it. Only some patterns overlaying gradients and some bevel & emboss effects wont make a great interface design, and most definitely wont give that hard-to-achieve-pseudo-3d look. I would work a bit on the graphics and the color scheme (that green on latest updates doesnt look cool), to make it stand out.

I think it's a very poorly designed website. Black background websites never really work out. - I'm not going to go into the reasons, but I bet you can't think of one "very successful" website that has black as a theme.

The header is too large. You should never take up more than 20% of the whole browser. You go over more than 30% in height.

You use a tabled layout. - You aren't gonna get far with this website if you don't change this. PHP is a nightmare with a table layout.

You don't even a have <head> section for your page! ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.