Here is our website with zen cart and smf

wtt

http://www.bendigou.com

it is in Chinese, so I hope that you can understand that.

Also, here is the smf forum

http://www.haoxiaoqu.com

Zen Cart is the best e-commerce open source project and smf is the best

forum open source project. I am sad that after sevearl years. there is no

integration on that. Did anyone work on that? Could you give me some

examples on that? Our website is not fully integrated and I am a newbie

in this field, I hope that some of you can give me some suggestions and hints.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Chinese ? ???

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

This doesn't validate. Furthermore "UTF-8" is for european/english languages. Chinese has well over 26 letters (characters) in its language and therefore you need to use a higher character settings.

I'm not an expert in these character settings since I only develop websites in english.... I persume you simply forgot to change it.

• 4 weeks later...

Furthermore "UTF-8" is for european/english languages. Chinese has well over 26 letters (characters) in its language and therefore you need to use a higher character settings.

I haven't tried it, but I would say UTF-8 would work just fine:

UTF-8 can encode any Unicode character. ..... Although the repertoire of less than 21' date='000 Han characters in the earliest version of Unicode was largely limited to characters in common modern usage, Unicode now includes more than 70,000 Han characters, and work is continuing to add thousands more historic and dialectal characters used in China, Japan, Korea and Vietnam.[/quote']

Furthermore "UTF-8" is for european/english languages. Chinese has well over 26 letters (characters) in its language and therefore you need to use a higher character settings.

I haven't tried it, but I would say UTF-8 would work just fine:

UTF-8 can encode any Unicode character. ..... Although the repertoire of less than 21' date='000 Han characters in the earliest version of Unicode was largely limited to characters in common modern usage, Unicode now includes more than 70,000 Han characters, and work is continuing to add thousands more historic and dialectal characters used in China, Japan, Korea and Vietnam.[/quote']

You need to use UTF-16 for chinese, unless it's simplified Chinese. For instance, FF now renders 1 in 10 characters as "?". - that's not chinese. lol.

That quote says otherwise. And I don't see ANY question marks, bar one or two at the end of a series of characters, which seem intentional.

I'm also fairly confident that if there we're any obvious character encoding issues, especially as serious as you're implying (1 out of 10) the OP would be first to notice.  ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.