Beginner needs site critiqued.

techwave

Hey everyone,

New here, and a beginner to boot.  Need a critique of my website.  I am a big boy, so I can handle to remarks.  Just try to remember I am a beginner here, so just try to keep that in mind :D  These are templates from SohoLaunch just to let you know.

Here is the site:

http://www.techwavesolution.com

Thanks in advance for the input. :)

Given that it uses a template, what do you expect us to critique?

And the template is a dreadful piece of coding - a classic example of how not to. Table tag soup at its 'finest'.

He's harsh, but he's right.

Fun. Let's start out by saying how much the site is in need of XHTML and CSS2 Standards. It works horrible. But it is a template so what can you expect ??? The menu is horrible, and looks like it is from the 80s (Don't ask me how I know that since I am only 16 :P) Just having the button change when you put the mouse over it would be a significant change. The Google Custom Search looks like it was just thrown in there. It looks way to out of place, and it would look better if it wasn't there at all  :'( A big improvement would be your own search feature that integrates with the site.

What else can I say?

http://w3schools.com

http://www.google.ca/search?q=learn+html&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Learn how to program HTML yourself.

Aside from the layout...issues...you should also rewrite some of the text on your site.  A lot of it comes across as very amateur.  Grammar errors, conversational tone, vague, bland descriptions...it's all very pedestrian.  How long have you been in business?  Any good press you can share?  Any big-name clients in the local area you can mention?  Are any of you certified?  How many years of experience, combined, do you have?  What Linux distros are you proficient in addressing?  Can you handle Apache web servers?  Can you configure Postfix?

If you're offering 'World Class' service, you have to convince your potential customers that this is really the case and that you're not just blowing smoke up their asses.  After all, any idiot can download Ad-Aware, AVG, etc and run a few scans.  What makes you different, and worth people's hard-earned cash?

I'm not trying to be harsh, but having worked for a computing-solutions company that promised puppy dogs and ice cream-farting unicorns to our customers while hardly ever actually fulfilling those promises, I tend to look at small IT maintenance companies with suspicion.

okay... so let me go with the design first (BE WARNED: am not that good compared to how you hear mo though :D)

It looks dead, not being harsh but just my insight about it. The link as buttons  ??? for navigations? Maybe try some other stuffs for that. :) It's hard to say but how it was arranged and the colors, makes me don't wanna go back... it does not make me attracted to your website.

the content:

It lacks information. Also, I don't feel like being drawn when reading the info.

It is really a no, no. Sorry but that's how I see it. :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.