My Website

fellixombc

Not really fond of the design, but im giving some opinions so maybe u can find something to improve.

- The header isnt bad. I kinda like those glowing circles. To add a bit of atmosphere to it, i would add some mode detail. Some glowing rectangles (??), any sketch graphic or some vista-wallpaper-like gradients. There are infinite possibilities to make that header graphic look great. I would loose that glossy look as its extremely overused and not a trend anymore. Oh and the white site title is barely visible there. A little more shadow or a gradient in the back could make it pop out.

- As for the glossy look, that vista-like menu is overused now days. Looks like people aint got ideas any more. It doesnt look bad on your site, but to me its unprofessional and screams lack of creativity.

- Isnt there too much margin between the content and sidebars?

- I would separate a bit the different panels (ie. "updates" and "other links"). The kinda break the flow and make it a bit difficult to distinguish different features.

- Add a footer :)

The content is still missing so i cant give u good suggestions on that. Generally, try to get some air between content and use different font sizes, bolds and italics as much as u can to tell the user what they really need to read.

Not really fond of the design, but im giving some opinions so maybe u can find something to improve.

- The header isnt bad. I kinda like those glowing circles. To add a bit of atmosphere to it, i would add some mode detail. Some glowing rectangles (??), any sketch graphic or some vista-wallpaper-like gradients. There are infinite possibilities to make that header graphic look great. I would loose that glossy look as its extremely overused and not a trend anymore. Oh and the white site title is barely visible there. A little more shadow or a gradient in the back could make it pop out.

- As for the glossy look, that vista-like menu is overused now days. Looks like people aint got ideas any more. It doesnt look bad on your site, but to me its unprofessional and screams lack of creativity.

- Isnt there too much margin between the content and sidebars?

- I would separate a bit the different panels (ie. "updates" and "other links"). The kinda break the flow and make it a bit difficult to distinguish different features.

- Add a footer :)

The content is still missing so i cant give u good suggestions on that. Generally, try to get some air between content and use different font sizes, bolds and italics as much as u can to tell the user what they really need to read.

Thank you, this site has great C&C unlike other forums.

Yes, I know the header sucks, but I had no idea for a stock image.

Needs some consistency.  I don't think you need the dashed borders around the left and right columns.  Faux columns would be nice to stretch the sidebars from top to bottom.  The header is not terrible, but you white rings make the white text hard to read. The glossy buttons are overused but don't look bad, I think however think you need the drop down menu to be the same width as the top buttons.

Not so much a critique, but the site has no content and nothing really states the site's purpose.

Where you have class="left_body" (and I'm assuming class="right_body" but didn't look) end that div after each little sub section. I think it would look better having the "Login" have its own box and the "Want More" having its own box. Also make sure the center part is flush with the nav sections as well. i know I've ran into issues like that before but they're usually not that hard to fix (even if you have to create another small div to put above it that pushes it down enough to match, but it probably won't come to that). Make sure the backgrounds in the navigation section (the black glossed part) go the distance of those divs as well. It has a gap that throws it off a bit. And if you could animate the menu drop downs it'd be great as well.

I don't know if that helps at all but I figured I'd try to be constructive.

The header is okay.  Just make sure that the circles don't interfere with the text.

Yeah, the dashed outlines are pointless and distracting.  Ditch 'em.

I'm not a fan of the size of the drop-down navigation links.  I have a thing for uniformity, so I think their width should be the same as the element they're stemming from.

I'm not a fan of the size of the drop-down navigation links.  I have a thing for uniformity, so I think their width should be the same as the element they're stemming from.

I agree completely. first thing I noticed.

And yea, dashes, from what I've seen on the web, are usually only used when dragging and item or box somewhere.

And the header looks neat!

I'm sorry, but I'm sick of seeing this 'Portal' style design and I have to agree with the others.. I dislike drop down menus.

My unique criticism is, however [do not create a website unless you have content to put on it].

That is a rule I VERY much follow.. your website, has links and a forum, both of which has little input from yourself in terms of unique content.  It is unique content that makes a website.  Your website concept has been done, many, many times before.. think about the website that you're on now for example. 

I like the integration of the main login with the forum login.  That's all I can say.

Good luck :].

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.