Drop Down Box

pucker22

Hello phpfreaks,

I'm trying to code a piece of script, whereby when someone selects their location, through a drop down box, it will print out another box with a city, for example

<Drop Down Box>

United States

United Kingdom

If United States is selected then echo another drop down box.

Is someone able to help me?

Thanks!

Hi anon,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I would like to have the page non refresh if possible, however whichever is easiest, although I'm not looking for a redirect, such as a javascript drop-down box redirect.

Thanks!

i've done it both ways.  Javascript is the toughest especially if you are pulling data from a database, but AJAX does make it 'easier'.  Easiest way is to just add a onchage=this.form.submit() to the first select box, have the form action call the parent page and have code that catches the selected value and populates the second box.

Having done it both ways, on a fast connection, I have yet to see a difference in performance between the two methods.

Thanks for the responce,

The tutorial seems to be pulling information from a database, rather than just having a php page whereby if you select a county, it will then echo some text, for example,

<Drop Down Box>

United States

Then when the user selects United States it will produce this:

echo ' you selected united states '

Is this possible?

Thanks again!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.