AJAX Registration vs js disabled users

Stooney

I don't think you should rely on JS at all unless you have a controlled envoirnment (ie Corporate site for internal users).

But totally up to you on if you want to turn away users that don't have it.

I've seen plenty of discussion on this in the Misc section of the forums.

Is it standard to accommodate users who do not have javascript enabled when using a registration form?  I'm working on one and am just curious if it's acceptable to say 'enable javascript or go home.'  What do you think?

Well it depends.  Think of how many users will come to your site without JavaScript enabled.  Now, think of whether or not you care if they leave your site. ;p

a question slightly off topic but not:

is javascript enabled on screen reader browsers (web browsers for the blind)?

if not, wouldn't you be turning away those people and putting yourself in the position for a heap of trouble (dont know where you live, but i believe in europe you need to have a "handicap accessible" website)?  doesn't seem fair or smart...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.