Re-vamped my site...

Maq

www.mmafaction.com

I re-vamped my site after implementing some of your guys' ideas and suggestions.  Please take another look at let me know what you think.

One more thing, at least for me, when you scroll up and down my site it seems choppy.  Any ideas on what could be causing this, thanks.

It loads really slow in here. It may be because of that huge amount of content. Videos, lots of images, a lot of text take they time to load, so I would suggest using pages to separate information.

Design wise, i don't like it. I can see you have modified a bit the default theme of phpbb, but guess the unmodified one should have looked better. The header is really unprofessional, from that beveled logo to the straight cut photo. Increase the photo's opacity as it can barely be seen, apply some feather (fade) to it and probably make a collage. A vista-style menu? Isn't that used too much. You can find 3-4 sites posted in this forum alone which use the vista-like menu. And as i initially said, there is too much content, with a very big font, which really confuses me. Lower the font-size (maybe 12px) and use a pagination system.

Yes, I put a lot of content on my home page because I just started it and I wanted to get higher ranks on the search engine for the first month or two.  A pagination system would be a lot better but I have an RSS generator from a website so it's really just JS generating all of this and I can't make this system.  I have my own RSS parser on my local machine so it will be live soon. 

This is not the default theme of phpBB.  This is another skin within there database made by someone else. 

Haha, the header looks dumb I know but I'm not a graphic designer so I just made something quick.  I'm going to keep it the way it looks but make the text smaller and cleaner.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.