[SOLVED] Embedding videos?

dt_gry

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Hi Guys,

I am wondering is there a way with PHP to embed WMV, MOV, and MPG files into a page, like in html. And also is it possible to allow the user to click a selection and it loads on the same page without having to take them to a new page per video.

Thanks Guys

dt_gry

PHP does not embed video...

PHP can embed HTML which embeds video...

the only thing that PHP does is write to the browser.....it can also do math and plenty of other things....like connect to MySQL, use cURL, SOAP, interact with images...which is basically the GD Library (which is basically just A LOT of MATH), and plenty more.  But when all is said and done......all PHP does is

Write to the browser.

If you tell it to write HTML code.....it will write HTML code

if the HTML code has embedded video in it....then it will have embedded video in it.

PHP does not embed video...

PHP can embed HTML which embeds video...

the only thing that PHP does is write to the browser.....it can also do math and plenty of other things....like connect to MySQL, use cURL, SOAP, interact with images...which is basically the GD Library (which is basically just A LOT of MATH), and plenty more.  But when all is said and done......all PHP does is

Write to the browser.

If you tell it to write HTML code.....it will write HTML code

if the HTML code has embedded video in it....then it will have embedded video in it.

PHP doesn't JUST write to the browser, It can output to command line, and make pretty Applications too.

You cant embed video files, but you can embed a video player, which can play a video!

Check out these examples:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/tutorials/embed.html - Maybe the closest

http://www.mioplanet.com/rsc/embed_mediaplayer.htm

Thanks for the responses guys it really helped, which leads me to another question.

Could I use PHP to create a dropdown to select a video to play?

Thanks

dt_gry

Did you read the replies? PHP simply outputs html. can you build a dropdown with html? Yes. Theres your answer.

use ajax to interact without reloading the page

*slap*

AJAX has it's place, but it shouldn't be used unless it adds a lot of value to the application.

why not?

just curious. my guess is that it could be slow???? though i use ajax a lot on my site and its not slow. Not the fastest thing, but not slow

use ajax to interact without reloading the page

*slap*

AJAX has it's place, but it shouldn't be used unless it adds a lot of value to the application.

Touche Ober!

Ajax is VERY system intensive at times... just watch your system load when it's running :P