Is there a better way to store 100 million plus rows of MySQL?

nonexistentera

I have a very large table, ~100 million rows, and many times when I connect to it, the server shutsdown from exceeding CPU quota(shared host).

Is there anyway to do this better. I still need to search through it too, so Im wondering If I could do a file with all the data, like an XML file.

Im not sure, and I REALLy don't want to over do it.

Thanks in advance for any options.

100 Million! thats insane, i'm surprised your host hasn't kicked you out yet.  The only thing that comes to mind is the Zend implementation of Lucene.  (http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.search.lucene.html)  This would allow you to keep the search capabilities but you would be moving the burden to the filesystem.  Just an option to look at, but you really need to consider a dedicated host if your requirements are that high.

Also I will second the above, what are you doing that has 100 million rows?

Almost all the threads started by nonexistentera deal with making a table of all possible combinations, including the md5() of the values. I would say this has more to do with making an md5 reverse look up table or making a brute force password table.

@PFMaBiSmAd Good job you guessed it pretty well.

And yeah I would be massive. I think I did pretty well though. I was at 20 million and only took up around 800mb's. And I do understand that it would be huge. Thats why I was wondering if I could just put it in a file.

It could be in an Array or some nice and simple form.

BTW I have unlimited space and bandwidth(within reason)

Almost all the threads started by nonexistentera deal with making a table of all possible combinations, including the md5() of the values. I would say this has more to do with making an md5 reverse look up table or making a brute force password table.

@PFMaBiSmAd Good job you guessed it pretty well.

Given the guess and the admission by the OP, it strikes me that this isn't the sort of thing where phpfreaks should help.  Unless the OP can make a convincing case for allowing it to continue, this thread is locked.