Anyone else ever have this problem

waynew

Every now and again, Vista doesn't allow me to right click. Forcing me to reboot. It also doesn't allow me to press the start menu or anything else for that matter. It used to happen on a Vista computer in work as well, so I know that I'm not the only one. Any ideas?

Every now and again, Vista doesn't allow me to right click. Forcing me to reboot. It also doesn't allow me to press the start menu or anything else for that matter. It used to happen on a Vista computer in work as well, so I know that I'm not the only one. Any ideas?

No sorry never had that problem, but I'm not surprised.  Yet again another windows bug...

Last offtopic post from me I swear:

//start

I used to be a Vista hater too (still hate parts of it).  Then I think 3 things happened:

-Vista improved

-I realized that following the crowd and hating any MS product just because it has a few bugs isn't quite that fun  (I do think that Vista was released early though.  Vista should have been released with SP1 in it.).

-I finally came to terms with Vista being a resource hog (when it looks all pretty).  I think this is partly the fault of the major computer retailers.  Who sells a Vista computer with 1GB RAM and either no or a crappy graphics card?  Who does that?!?!?!?  It's just stupid.  That's one of the reasons people have such a horrible experience with Vista.  (OMG VISTA NO RUN GUD ON MY 1GB RAM, 128MB ONBOARD GRAPHICS, 2.0GHZ DUAL CORE PC!!!! WHAI?)

//end

Usefulness:

Check your mouse companies website for any new drivers.  Also, check to make sure Vista is supported.  If Vista isn't supported by the company for that mouse, well...  Too bad, probably won't ever work :(.

Also, make sure it's either your mouse or Vista.  It could be some obscure program or something.

No it's definately not the mouse drivers. I can click on things. However, say for example, I click on the "open up new tab" on IE it opens up a new tab that I can't use. Also, when it starts happening, the only button I can click on is the "shut down" button on the security menu. (CTRL ALT DEL menu).

I use IE, Firefox, Opera and Chrome. To be honest; I never really notice any major differences between them all. It's a case of whatever icon my eye catches first. The problem isn't IE related though as it can happen anytime without any significant pattern of events. When it happens, I also have a problem in using file forms on websites. I could go to upload an image and the file form won't open.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.