Getting field name and data

rondog

Hi,

I am selecting all the data from a row and was wondering how I could get the fieldname as well as the data at the same time so I can put it into an array. I pretty much need the array to look like this in the end:

["username=someuser","&firstName="guysFirstName","&lastName=guysLastName".....,..,...,..]; etc..

Is that Possible? Right now I just have:

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM fd_users WHERE username = '$username' and password = '$password'") or die(mysql_error());
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($query))
{
    //need to generate that array of data here
}

I looked into mysql_field_name, but couldnt end up with the result like I showed above. Any ideas?

You should be pulling out the field name with either example, preferably I would use mysql_fetch_assoc.

You can get all the fields by doing this:

<?php

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM fd_users WHERE username = '$username' and password = '$password'") or die(mysql_error());
while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($query))
{
      foreach ($row as $key => $val) {
            $stringOfData .= "&" . $key . "=" . $val;
      }
     echo $stringOfData;
     $stringCollection[] = $stringOfData; // put it into an array for fun.
     $stringOfData = "";

}

echo "<pre>";
print_r($stringCollection);
echo "</pre>";
?>

that should get you your desired result, you may have to substr the first & off. But yea.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.