Another design.

JasonLewis

* Use META tags

* On my 22" widescreen the header is way over on the left, the links are way over on the right, also the footer links have no logical position.

* Design is ok I guess, perhaps others have some opinions

* Use META tags

I will in due time. :)

* On my 22" widescreen the header is way over on the left, the links are way over on the right, also the footer links have no logical position.

Hm, yeah I didn't really position them towards the center. I'll change that up now. Also, what do you mean the footer links have no logical position? I'm re-positioning them now, but only because I am changing the header.

Edit:

Okay, I've modified the position of both the header and footer. They are now the same widths as the content area.

I like this version. Nice and light and clean :)

I think one thing that jumps out the most for me is the lack of adequate spacing of your content and the panel borders. The text goes very close to the edges.. would be nice to include some CSS padding in those panels to give some 'breathing room' IMO.

Not sure I would flaunt an x with Flash.. If its a weakness.. perhaps not listing it would be better?

I do like the look / direction its heading in though.

Cheers,

NRG

Mmm.. How about a tick for flash, but say only basics?

Yep, that would reflect better I'd recon ;)

In the panels? As in, the recent works panels?

Hmm.. panels as in all areas containing text (Welcome to my personal portfolio, About my place, test One, Test Two, Test Three, etc..)

Oki doki. Padding it all a bit more now and changing it to a tick.

Done. Also fixed up the abbreviations, because some browsers didn't show the little dotted underline by default.

I want my CSS to be valid, but I can't because I'm using overflow-y: scroll; so that FF has a scrollbar at all times (this prevents the jerkiness that can be caused by some JS effects). It's valid, but not CSS 2.1, it's CSS3. Is there another way to have a scrollbar on by default in some browsers, that is valid CSS 2.1?

Oki doki. Padding it all a bit more now and changing it to a tick.

Done. Also fixed up the abbreviations, because some browsers didn't show the little dotted underline by default.

I want my CSS to be valid, but I can't because I'm using overflow-y: scroll; so that FF has a scrollbar at all times (this prevents the jerkiness that can be caused by some JS effects). It's valid, but not CSS 2.1, it's CSS3. Is there another way to have a scrollbar on by default in some browsers, that is valid CSS 2.1?

Better. As far as your CSS problem.. if I understand correctly, you want all browsers to keep the side scrollbar visible?

What I use in my CSS site is this:

html {min-height: 100%; margin-bottom: 1px;}

This validates as CSS 2.1

EDIT - IE 8 doesn't honor this aspect (yet).. but it is in Beta.. so who knows if it will when it comes around to launching as a RC.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.