One more site under my belt, please let me know what you think

thewooleymammoth

Move links on nav more into the middle of the nav bar.

The search feature looks a little squashed.

Move the latest news header up.

Parts of each news item gets hidden. Is this because you've set a height restriction on your div?

Mozilla is spelt wrong.

I like the blue mixed with the dark grey. I'm just not as sure about the font in the banner.

I'm not keen either to be honest! Looks a little thrown together..

For the browse page why not have ranges of characters for now, while there's not many bands there? Instead of "[a] [c] ..." have: "[a - c] ..." ?? Also for the numbers "[0 - 9]" not a link for each number! Too many pages to look through...

Also I don't know what other people think but perhaps having a link to the admin page isn't such a good idea?

The search like it is looks like a display error with the browser!

Also you've put a link to validate the site's CSS yet it doesn't validate...

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.slocalmusic.com%2Findex.php

Hope my comments can be useful to you..

Adam

I'm not keen either to be honest! Looks a little thrown together..

For the browse page why not have ranges of characters for now, while there's not many bands there? Instead of "[a] [c] ..." have: "[a - c] ..." ?? Also for the numbers "[0 - 9]" not a link for each number! Too many pages to look through...

Also I don't know what other people think but perhaps having a link to the admin page isn't such a good idea?

The search like it is looks like a display error with the browser!

Also you've put a link to validate the site's CSS yet it doesn't validate...

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.slocalmusic.com%2Findex.php

Hope my comments can be useful to you..

Adam

haha i forgot that was up there thanks, i need to take that down, i was just using it so i wouldnt have to type int eh adress all the time during developement and i will also make them ranged as you said thats a really good idea

I'm a big supporter of the whole gray, dark gray, turquoise look, but the banner

kind of threw me off as it doesn't really mingle with the rest of the page.

Maybe a simple white text banner with a background pattern or something would

be less intrusive.

Also the search button.. I've never seen it done that way, it's huge! I had to check

to see if that actually was the button or something else. It'll look a lot better when

you have a sufficient amount of content to widen the page.

Promoting the community to get into music etc is a great concept... but like others, I do not like the website.

If I managed to surf in via Google I would not stick around, the colours don't match for a start, and the header looks way over the top compared to the rest of the site.

Good Luck!

I'm a big supporter of the whole gray, dark gray, turquoise look, but the banner

kind of threw me off as it doesn't really mingle with the rest of the page.

Maybe a simple white text banner with a background pattern or something would

be less intrusive.

Also the search button.. I've never seen it done that way, it's huge! I had to check

to see if that actually was the button or something else. It'll look a lot better when

you have a sufficient amount of content to widen the page.

site was a template and ive been trying to figure out how to change the buttons but i cant its illuded me theres a forum still open i believe, i cant figure out the css to change it without changing all of them through the whole site.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.