I need some easy help - first time trying php

Fredde

Hello all!

Soon I will get my webhotel + domain.

Then I want to add forum and blogs on it.

But I can handle that it just that I want to do like a news system, but I have no idea how.

If someone could give me a tip or maybe even write what it should be, I would be very thankful.

I was thinking like when I go to admin.php (I don't know how to get a password to get acess there) you will be able to write like a news and post it and it will show up on the index.html or something.

Have a nice day, bye!

You may want to look into a CMS.  Like wordpress for example.  This isn't "easy" help by the way.  You want to build a whole system, a custom one at that. 

If someone could give me a tip or maybe even write what it should be, I would be very thankful.

You may be better off posting in the freelance section...

Do you have any knowledge of PHP or any web languages?

You may want to look into a CMS.  Like wordpress for example.  This isn't "easy" help by the way.  You want to build a whole system, a custom one at that. 

You may be better off posting in the freelance section...

Do you have any knowledge of PHP or any web languages?

Yes I have knowledge of html and just a little bit javascript.

My website is in html where I use iframes to add my forum and on the webhotel I buy there will come free blog system.

A Content Management System is just that: a system, made up of lots of code that does a million different things.  It's not a single brick in a wall, or even the wall; it's a whole house.  And it sounds like you're at the brick level.  When it comes to advice or code, there is no quick and easy magic wand, unless that magic wand is called money and it's waved at someone else.

A Content Management System is just that: a system, made up of lots of code that does a million different things.  It's not a single brick in a wall, or even the wall; it's a whole house.  And it sounds like you're at the brick level.  There is no quick and easy magic wand advice or code to make a CMS, unless that magic wand is called money and it's waved at someone else.

Well is it possible you could give me something to start with?  :)  Or is it to hard, because its so many way to make it.  Because I thought it would be pretty easy to make a news system there the text news will be placed in a content.

But thanks for helping.

A "news" page is a good place to start. Without using some non-novice functions, you can't really get a .html page to show dynamic content from .php

What you can do is use an iframe to show a news.php page.

At first, don't bother with the sign on, just name your page something obscure (not admin.php) and make no links to it, that way you can get right to the news system.

Do you know how to work with mysql?

btw, i'm assuming you want to learn php, not just use a pre-made php application like wordpress.

A "news" page is a good place to start. Without using some non-novice functions, you can't really get a .html page to show dynamic content from .php

What you can do is use an iframe to show a news.php page.

At first, don't bother with the sign on, just name your page something obscure (not admin.php) and make no links to it, that way you can get right to the news system.

Do you know how to work with mysql?

btw, i'm assuming you want to learn php, not just use a pre-made php application like wordpress.

Yes I really want to make it on my own using php.

Like you say I just want a simple news system that have like a blue border around.

I know html coding but php is what I need, could you might give me a very simple php code for this?

the question of do you know how to work with mysql is important on what help I give you.

Do you know database management even in theory? do you have access to mysql or SQL?

I don't have any knowledge of mysql or SQL.

Well in 24 december I will get my domain + webhotel and then I want to be finished with my website so I just can publish it. The webhotel company supports php, mysql SQl and so on

what are you developing on then?

Unlike HTML, you can not just simply launch files from your computer, you need to have them run from a server so PHP can execute.

So I have to wait until I get the webhotel, because you can't help me now if I don't got it?

I can help you, but your first step is to get a server running on your local machine so you can test as you go.

But, phpfreakes and my personal philosophy on the matter is "help you get the information you need so that you can do it"

Find a tutorial online for a simple news/personal-blog of some sort and when you start having problems with your code, that is when you start asking questions here again.

http://www.wampserver.com/en/

never used it, but hear it is good and has a good deal of documentation

I can help you, but your first step is to get a server running on your local machine so you can test as you go.

But, phpfreakes and my personal philosophy on the matter is "help you get the information you need so that you can do it"

Find a tutorial online for a simple news/personal-blog of some sort and when you start having problems with your code, that is when you start asking questions here again.

http://www.wampserver.com/en/

never used it, but hear it is good and has a good deal of documentation

Thanks for your help alot, I will come back when I got my webhotel.

Seeya

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.