Feature Request--imagemagick

I've found that the message boards on this topic are extremely poor for newbies.  I'd really like to use imageMagick, but I cannot even get a straight answer on whether to use IMagick, MagickWand, or now phMagick.  Also, all the books on the topic seem to get poor reviews.

If there were a section for imageMagick on here like for PHP, AJAX, and so forth that would be a good start. 

I'm basically at the point where I believe I've exhausted PHP's native image functions.  For instance, I need to arc fonts but with anti-aliasing, etc., more like stuff you get in Photoshop.  Even by modifying images at the pixel level, I cannot get close to what I need through PHP alone. 

I'm afraid we cannot add a forum for every little specialty field. There are lots of cool stuff, but the requirements for creating a new board is 1) it's relevant for PHP developers, and 2) there is a substantial amount posts being made about that subject.

Oh, okay.  Corbin, every topic is potentially for newbies.  You have to start somewhere, lol.

Yeah, you start by learning the basics.  Then you learn how to read the manual, you gain experience, and then you can theoretically use any function you want without someone teaching you.  PHP is EXTREMELY well-documented.

Right.  And what I am saying is that imageMagick does not seem to have a good way to learn the basics.  Even the books published on it are full of coding errors--just read the reviews.  I cannot even find a discussion of which PHP interface to use, etc.  So, if you have a lot of experience with imageMagick, let me know what you would suggest.  If you are just talking about theory and do not actually use the program with PHP, then you are not helping solve the problem.  Therefore, I will not be replying to irrelevant posts after this one.

Nevermind.  A man page does not explain the pros and cons of using a certain PHP wrapper, etc.

I re-examined your previous posts within this thread, and not once do you make mention of looking for pros and cons of certain PHP wrappers. Not to sound rude, but perhaps if you would have come out and mentioned what issue you are looking into from the getgo, perhaps this would have clarified things a bit more. Otherwise, you get what you ask for.

Have you tried Googling imagemagick + PHP wrapper?

Again, I mean no offense, but don't be shy to ask about a certain problem at hand. It clears the air of any miscommunications. Otherwise, how are others supposed to know what underlying issue / problem you are having?

This is reminiscient of a posting over at the regex board.

Hi,

I did mention the PHP interfaces in my original post.  I'm not sure which one you are reading.

If that link is the one I remember, I posted about it on there twice but received no reply.

Yes, I have googled about imageMagick and PHP. 

We're really dragging this on for no real purpose.  Either there is going to be a board, or somebody will be able to help.  However, just getting generic replies is not going to help at all. 

I learned how to use ImageMagick from here: http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/

Information on the interfaces to ImageMagick:

Those links should point out the feature set of each, to which you can base your decision on. I, personally, just use the command line interface via something like exec() to call ImageMagick from within PHP.

On the subject of a new board, I think it has been mentioned, but the answer is an unfortunate no. Not really anything to do with PHP, and not enough demand for it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.