Photo

php not working now.... IE wants to DL .php files.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 just-j

just-j
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:32 PM

my php scripts just stopped working..  i use wamp 5 to have a local server so i can script and test without having to be connected to the internet..  well yesterday i was writing some code and went to test it and IE asked me if i wanted to open or save the .php file...  any suggestions on how to fix this?  i even tried <?php phpinfo(); ?> and still got the download box.  i didnt change any settings in wamp,  it just decided to quit working on its own.  so any help would be nice..  maby uninstall and reinstall wamp 5?  i dont know.. do you?

#2 just-j

just-j
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:54 PM

this is driving me nuts btw... im at a stand still.

#3 Koobi

Koobi
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 419 posts
  • LocationColombo, Sri Lanka | South Asia

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:12 PM

this problem is probably because Apache isn't running.
try starting Apache, however you do it in WAMP, and this problem should be fixed.

if you're a regular PHP developer, i recommend you add Apache as a service so that it begins everytime your OS boots.

#4 just-j

just-j
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:28 PM

apache is running and when i test port 80 it says apache and php is using this port.  but it still wants to download the .php file...  should i delete wamp5 all together and just get php, mysql, and apache as the stand alone installations instead of this all in one wamp program?

#5 Daniel0

Daniel0
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 11,956 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:29 PM

Is your httpd.conf configured correct to use the PHP?

#6 kenrbnsn

kenrbnsn
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 8,235 posts
  • LocationHillsborough, NJ, USA

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:14 PM

How are you invoking your scripts? Via a url like http://localhost/script.html or are you double clicking the file? If you're double clicking, that's you're problem. Double clicking does not send the file through the Apache webserver, but just brings up a browser which tries to figure out what you want and most browsers do not know  what do do with PHP files.

Ken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users