Website Design

steviewdr

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to get peoples thoughts on a website I am doing up for myself. A sort of online about/home.

http://burkesys.com/stephen/webdev/sburke/

I'm currently wondering how to spice up/arrange the text content a little better. Perhaps use of square divs for content instead of paragraphs.

Anyways, any thoughts are very welcome.

-steve

What's with the debian logo?  I'm not a big fan of the striping, it is pretty dated. The icons next to the headers just doesn't feel right to me. The blues are a little depressing.  There is nothing wrong overall, but it just looks like a big block of text.  For a site like this you should really look at a more traditional blog feel.  Maybe use a vertical nav as a column so the content area doesn't look so boring. The footer also seems a little strange.  I don't think you should use the header row down at the bottom.

just some suggestions:

nice site, i like the nav bar.

I think it would look cool if you had rounded courners on the white box that underlays the text (div.contenttext).

and maybe put the text so that it aligns with the middle of the icons.

You could also break the text into smaller easier to digest paragraphs.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.