Local Laws and Regulations

Stooney

Quick question.  Where would I go to find information, laws, etc on opening a Strip Club in my local area?  It would be handy if there were some central location to find it all, but I doubt it's that easy.  If anything, what am I looking for exactly?  Maybe some keywords or something.  I really have no idea where to go or who to ask for such information.

And I know if can't even figure this out I have no business opening a business like this.  That's fine, it's more of just a start and exploring a curiosity at the moment. 

Thanks in advance.  Any good information wins lifetime VIP passes. 

In my city, there are very specific zones that can contain strip bars.

Does your city have a legislative website of some kind?

If not, you will probably have to find a copy of local laws, or atleast ask someone locally who would know.  Do you live in a big or small town?  I don't know how it works in big cities (I live in a town of under 100k), but I would probably ask around the courthouse here.

So basically just find a copy of city laws and find out what zoning or license restrictions there are.

Oh, and you will need to look into a liquor license too.

Thank you Corbin.  I will look into all of that.  One quick question that comes to mind though is whether or not I would need a liquor license if it was a BYOB (bring your own beer) club.  A couple I go to sometimes are like that.  Also, do you think that selling alcohol on the premises is a must for the business?  I have no problems with getting the license, just curious how that would affect the business.

Thank you Corbin.  I will look into all of that.  One quick question that comes to mind though is whether or not I would need a liquor license if it was a BYOB (bring your own beer) club.  A couple I go to sometimes are like that.  Also, do you think that selling alcohol on the premises is a must for the business?  I have no problems with getting the license, just curious how that would affect the business.

Selling it on site means you get a huge discount and jack the rate of liquor up. The average uprate of liquor is like 90% or something insane like that.

If you want to make more money, it is worth it to get the license and have people pay to buy drinks.

Also I would imagine drunk people = more money for strippers = more money for you/better strippers wanting to work there  = more money all around.

And liquor sales would be huge.

As for the legality of BYOB with no liquor license, I have no idea.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.