Fiction Zone (constructive crtisisum welcome)

Scottie

Not exactly about CSS, just comments...

I'd center the background image (background-position: center center), or position it where that long white bar divides the menu on the left with the content.  I'm sure many will say the background makes it hard to read, but it does look nice :)

A graphical header would be nice.

I don't like how hovering over a link changes its size, it's annoying.

sorry but no. that about it, i can not find one nice thing to say about layout, or the scripting. the idea is nice, the poems are OK (written more of song style than poem style). i will be honest it reminds me of my first try at making a website before i learned anything.

layout is out dated, bland and blahish.

invalid markup :P but i will not push that because its only your 2nd site just don't get in a habit of bad coding. but your markup is a lot like my English :P

also looks like you used a lot of rewritten script and just threw it together.

the background image is too big. it takes a long time to load. other than that, your layout seems to be done well. the elements seem positioned nicely.

one thing i'd probably do though; the links you have to hover, i'd make them the same size as when you hover. the large size is kind'of obnoxious (figuratively speaking). just change the color.

in my experience, the key to designing a nice site is simplicity. make it complicted, then simplify it. :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.