Site Revamp

The Little Guy

Tone down the color palette a little. The current site looks much better because, well, it just isn't anywhere near as gaudy. Get a nice color palette using a tool like Adobe Kuler to use on the site, and make a more distinguishable logo, instead of some mere text that reminds me of a Caribbean nation's flag.

Completely restart? I don't think "just feeling like it" warrants completely redesigning/ruining your website. Really, I'd like for ways to improve your current design than trying to continue your new beta. (Better logo, cleaner UI, minor changes to polish it)

Completely restart? I don't think "just feeling like it" warrants completely redesigning/ruining your website. Really, I'd like for ways to improve your current design than trying to continue your new beta. (Better logo, cleaner UI, minor changes to polish it)

Well, I need something new, that all there is to it. It is really hard for me to add new features to the site, when it looks like this. The new features are hard to implement without ruining the current pages.

take this page for example:

http://phpsnips.com/snippet.php?id=29

Look how much cleaner this guys site is (he completly copied my URL):

http://phpsnaps.com/snaps/view/rfc-compliant-email-address-validator/

it is nice and clean where as mine looks like someone threw up on the page.

Right now your site looks clean, but slightly dated. The new version looks like someone puked on the page.

Look at what the other site has done, it's very "Web 2.0". Two strong, bright, complementary colors against a soft gray scheme. It's clean, simple, and direct. If you look at your home page right now, there's a lot of content to digest. Try updating to a better color scheme (using a tool like Adobe kuler), removing any unnecessary content on any page, making a better logo, and then do minor touchups like adding a favicon and moving the RSS feed icons into the box headers (to remove that empty space).

It is better, but I urge you to spend a little time working on something and doing some research before posting.  Whipping something together very quickly just for the sake of having something new is not very productive.  I constantly scour the web for inspiration in many forms before I start a new project or on a regular basis through different feeds and gallery sites.

I constantly scour the web for inspiration in many forms before I start a new project or on a regular basis through different feeds and gallery sites.

Wouldn't it then look a lot like someone other site, and not be to unique? If you do make it unique off of the galleries how do you do it? When ever I use that technique it always looks like a copy cat site.

I constantly scour the web for inspiration in many forms

Inspiration in many forms, which implies it's just inspiration, not CnP the CSS and images and implement it into your site.  Just look around for different styles that go together and tweak them to your liking.

I constantly scour the web for inspiration in many forms before I start a new project or on a regular basis through different feeds and gallery sites.

Wouldn't it then look a lot like someone other site, and not be to unique? If you do make it unique off of the galleries how do you do it? When ever I use that technique it always looks like a copy cat site.

As Maq pointed out, I said inspiration.  You can find inspiration all around you, TV, video games, advertisements, other websites, etc.  Web design is actually pretty trendy so for a modern site you should somewhat follow the current trends.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.